There is a common misconception that proteins are not so important for women. We often associate the word ‘protein’ with a well-built man who works out regularly, but rarely with women. However, protein is an essential macronutrient and everyone needs to fulfill their RDA of this nutrient in order to stay healthy and fit.
While the amount of proteins that women need may differ, there are many health benefits that make this a vital nutrient in their diet.
How Much Protein Does a Woman Need?
According to the Recommended Daily Allowance of protein, you need approximately 0.8g of protein per kilogram of bodyweight. This comes to an average of 48 grams for women that can be derived easily from healthy green proteins. Protein makes up for 10% of the calorie intake per day with the rest coming from carbohydrates and fat. This works if you are mostly sedentary.
However, for women who workout regularly and have a physically active lifestyle, approximately `1.2 to 2 grams of protein per kilo of body weight is needed for faster recovery. This depends on the level and intensity of training.
Why Are Proteins Essential For Women
So, why do women need good sources of protein like bGREEN 100% Vegan Plant Protein in their diet:
- Build lean muscle mass: Often women believe that consuming protein makes them bulky like a heavy lifter. However, bulk comes from a completely different type of training and diet. For women, consuming enough protein helps strengthen the muscle mass that is already in your body. And, any new fibers that build are lean, giving you a slender but toned physique.
- Helps you manage weight: When you eat foods that are high in protein, you stay satiated for a longer time. This reduces food cravings and hunger pangs. In addition to that, protein digestion consumes more calories. This helps you burn calories faster and shed those extra pounds easily.
- Improved immunity: Antibodies are your body’s way of fighting disease-causing germs and pathogens. These antibodies are primarily made of protein. So, eating enough protein helps strengthen your immune response and keeps you healthy.
- Better skin, hair, nails, and bones: Protein is a structural nutrient. The connective tissues in your bones, hair, nails, and skin need protein to retain their quality. For women, especially, better bone health is vital to prevent age-related issues like osteoporosis. Therefore, it is necessary for you to maintain a consistent and adequate protein intake.
Animal-Based Protein or Plant-Based Protein?
We often associate proteins with animal-based food products like poultry, eggs, and meat. While they are good sources of protein, plant proteins are quickly emerging as the preferred option. For women, especially, the low fat and calorie content of these plant-based proteins makes them a better choice.
You can get your daily dose of protein from a host of vegan and vegetarian sources like soya beans, lentils, chickpeas, nuts, seeds, and green leafy vegetables. They have some added benefits like:
- The lower level of saturated fat prevents cardiovascular diseases.
- An additional supply of fiber not only improves digestion but also helps you absorb the protein that you consume faster.
- Plant proteins are lighter on your tummy, leaving you with more energy for better performance.
- They do not trigger an allergic response in individuals who are lactose intolerant.
bGREEN Vegan Protein Powder is a safe and healthy option for women to include as part of their daily meal plan. Made with a mixture of pea and brown rice protein, you get 25g of protein in each serving with the added benefits of amino acids like BCAAs and EAAs to keep you fit and toned.