The UK is experiencing another lockdown with different tiers around the country and working from home takes some getting used to, especially when weeks turn into months. This can have a negative impact on your life and with that in mind, here are a few tips to ensure that your physical fitness doesn’t suffer during the lockdown.
- Virtual Fitness Classes – It’s no fun working out on your own and many people find an excuse not to go through their routine, and if that’s you, sign up for an online fitness course with a leading UK provider, The Fitness Group, who also offer training courses to become a personal trainer. The social interaction with your instructor and the other students will help during these stay-at-home times, as we all use social media to keep in touch with friends.
- YouTube Workout Routines – There are many for all levels, so find one that suits you and make a point of doing this every morning, and when it gets boring, choose another. You might prefer to take up yoga or Pilates and there are virtual classes for both available from the online fitness centre.
- Daily Walk – Even if you are limited to a walk a day, make the best use of this and get some much-needed fresh air, which will boost your circulation and give your major muscles a workout. If you live in the country, do explore the natural beauty with either a walk or a bike ride, just make sure you wrap up in the cold weather.
- Fresh Fruit & Vegetables – There are small organic farms across the UK that sell their produce online and with a weekly order, you can store the produce in the fridge, ensuring you have access to fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Meditation – More and more western people are taking up the eastern art of meditation; being with oneself and searching within produces a calming effect and if ever you needed something to relieve stress, it would be now. There are many ways one can meditate, indeed, driving a car is a form of meditation, as your mind is focused on one thing. Some people focus on their breathing, some sit, while others prefer to lie down and some people even meditate while walking. There are lots of free resources online about the art of meditation; guides and videos that demonstrate ways to be with oneself and contemplate. Click here for further reading on spiritual development.
- Vary your Daily Routine – It’s a fact that human beings are creatures of habit and while this is not such a bad thing, when in lockdown, you should mix things up to make the day a little more interesting. Create new schedules for house cleaning and change the time you have your daily walk, which also keeps the mind active. Click here for the latest UK Covid-19 updates.
It can be tough to stay at home for long periods, but by following the above advice, you should maintain your good health and fitness levels until we can get back to normal.