The least you can do to ruin your wedding is by planning and managing it all by yourself. That’s quite true for obvious reasons.
- You don’t have the right expertise
- You’re not as good as the pros.
Anyways, if you’ve decided to take matters in your own hands, Lescape destination wedding planners Toronto have some tips for you.
Choose the Spot
The location of your wedding determines not only the mood (rustic, sophisticated, beachy), but also the travel, time and budget required to pull it off. Some great destinations offered by destination wedding planners Toronto include Paris, Tuscany, Costa Rica, California and more.
Seasons to Get Married
There are three seasons to choose from:
- Marrying in high season requires you to be on your toes all the time and book hotel blocks and venues as fast as you can, before they revise their prices.
- If you marry in shoulder season, you’ll be saving some money and get a glimpse of good weather.
- Off season means no crowd and the weather can be severe.
So, decide carefully.
Fly to the Location Beforehand
Take at least one planning trip and if you can swing it, two or three is ideal.
- First one for securing key venues, ceremony and reception spaces, hotels for guests, a rehearsal dinner venue — and local suppliers such as caterers, florists and photographers.
- Second trip would be to taste the food with your caterers, see sample of bouquets from chosen florists, plan a hair and makeup session with a local salon and organize activities
- Third one is when you’re finally getting married, satisfied with all the arrangements.
For Affordable Destination Wedding
You may think it to be an expensive proposition, but Toronto destination wedding planners think otherwise. According to them, If done right, a destination wedding can cost no more — and maybe even less — than hosting the same party at home. If you live in Toronto, holding a wedding in places like Mexico will help you save extra expenses. You’ll get things cheaper than your expectations.
Don’t Ignore the Locale Requirements
France requires you to arrive at least 40 days before you get married!
The legal side of tying the knot in a different country can be complicated. Many countries have a “residency requirement”, which means you must reside in the country for a certain length of time before your ceremony. Although this is usually just a few days, it can be longer.
Get Professional Help
If you’re hosting a wedding in a distant locale, you will need to entrust at least part of the planning to someone else’s capable hands. A wedding planner can shoulder the burden of researching and securing local vendors.
Vet Vendors Carefully
While you can view vendors’ portfolios online and check references from afar, it’s especially important that you’re comfortable with all your vendors. You’ll be leaving a lot in their hands, as you won’t be able to be nearly as hands-on, so it’s important you trust those hands are capable. That’s why we strongly suggest making at least one planning trip to meet with potential vendors.